Yoest: Stupak deal “a tragedy for America”

March 21, 2010

“This deal to pass the largest expansion of abortion since Roe v. Wade is a tragedy for America.  We believe that Mr. Stupak’s choice to succumb to the intense pressure of the last week has resulted in his endorsement of a charade that does not even begin to address the anti-life provisions in this legislation. The American people do not support taxpayer funding of abortion and Speaker Pelosi and the President have undermined representative democracy by working to pass this legislation with this unprecedented contortion of the legislative process.”

- Dr. Charmaine Yoest, President & CEO of Americans United for Life Action

Richard Lindsey March 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Bart Stupak’s decision to abandon the unborn proves only one thing: The term “Pro-life Democrat” is an oxymoron.

Brian March 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Yes, because one man put politics over life then all of those who support big government do.

Jewell Hall March 21, 2010 at 4:29 pm

With all due respect to you sir, you need to get down on your knees and pray to God for forgiveness. He will forgive you, but you have to ask, also, if you know someone that has a baby, go see the baby and look into the eyes of that sweet precious child, and think about the possibilites of thousands of doctors, nurses, preachers, engineers, senators, presidents of companies, future president of the US, the cure for cancer, just have just help destroy these possiblities. Hope you are vote OUT next election.

Sharon Petersen March 21, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Dear Congressman,

I am totally not surprised. I kept hoping I was listening to a true Christian and a true patriot, but had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that you were NOT serious. You know that President Obama’s executive order does not trump Federal law. WE KNOW IT TOO!

I agree with the person who says that pro-life and Democrat is an oxymoron.

Good-bye America. Hello Amerika.

Betty Aukerman March 21, 2010 at 5:08 pm

John Paul Jones, when facing certain defeat, responded to the cries of his opponent to surrender by saying, “I have not yet begun to fight.”

Dominick Gervasi March 21, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Dear Stupakmoron,
Its to bad when you mother was pregnant with you that she did not have an abortion.
By your actions you will create more abortions. Maybe God can forgive you but I cannot.
My you burn in hell.

Christy Stevens March 21, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Congrats Dominick…you just lowered yourself to their level.

To say you wish Stupaks mother would have had an abortion only makes you a participant to this tragedy. Don’t subcome to them…remember that we must not let them take our hope and faith of the promise God made. Although it is not what we want to happen, God has a plan! I realize those may not be words of comfort at this time, or it may not be what you want to hear, but you can’t let them take away that hope!

Arlene Muller March 21, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I’ve been trying to send whatever e-mails I can to stop funding of abortion in health care reform. Until now, Congressman Stupak, you put forth a valiant effort to try to protect the unborn and have shown that there is such a thing as a pro-life Democrat.
For what you have been doing until today, I thank and applaud you. I find it hard to understand why you succumbed to pressure and chose to trust President Obama and Nancy Pelosi, who have been so adamant in fighting to include abortion in health care and whose extreme pro-abortion position, in my opinion, render them untrustworthy.
God alone can judge whether you truly believe that in making this choice you were doing what could to provide health care for all people and still provide protection for the unborn or whether you succumbed to political expediency and became a deserter to the cause of life. I will not engage in insults or name-calling. Rather I appeal to your heart–a heart that has shown concern for the life of the unborn. I do not know whether it is too late for you to turn again and fight the current health care bill that includes abortion. I still pray that God will intervene and do what we cannot and that the unborn and all those most vulnerable will be protected. Somehow, no matter what happens, I have to trust that God is still in control

Diane March 21, 2010 at 7:12 pm

It’s been said that “evil prevails when good men do nothing”! Stupak’s naive aboutface puts him in the nothing catagory, certainly calling into question if he’s even a Christian… and when it comes to the men and women of the democrate party today, they are , in my humble opinion, enemies of Americans and the freedom our founding fathers fought for!

Joan March 21, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Correct Diane…”evil prevails when good men do nothing”. Stupak is a JUDAS…may he lose BIG in November. The DEMS are worse than enemies – they are socialists and communists …. and yes, seek to destroy our country. Where are the Christians? 45% voted for O’Bama. That is hard to believe. What a sad day!!

Dora Collier March 21, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I am disappointed with Stupak’s actions. It’s just like a man to coward when the going gets tough. Are you Pro-life or not. You can’t have it both ways, I hope you can live with yourself.

Rusty March 22, 2010 at 12:29 am

Anthrapologists estimate Herod killed 200 babies at the most–the U.S. Health Dept says we kill 4000 EACh DAY!!! How many do you think when we PAY for them to be slaughtered ?!! How much longer do you think GOD will be Patient?

PAT March 22, 2010 at 12:33 am

(:( (:( (:( !!!

ralph mendoza March 22, 2010 at 8:47 am

To all those attacking Congressman Stupak, who were not on the battlefield:
Imagine what it is like to be a general under intense attack from all sides, who has the news media against him, who already lost many soldiers and who has already had supposed-allies turn against him. The general very bravely keeps fighting deep into enemy territory and many believers hope and pray he may still achieve total victory. But many of his small remnant of remaining soldiers tell him, “Accept the concession being offered by the enemy, or we will also desert you.” The general realiizes there is serious danger of losing the battle with NOTHING to show for it, so he decides to surrender for that concession offered by the enemy. Now you want to condemn that general and withdraw your support from him? I say “God bless Congressman Stupak,” and the ones we really need to work on all all the other soldiers and allies who deserted him!

Dave Rolston March 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Fellow Christians,
It is time to take action into our own hands.
#1- Pray
#2- Refuse to purchase the ‘death care’.
#3- Refuse to pay taxes, based upon our Religious principles to not participate in abortions; which is what our tax dollars will now do.
#4- Stand united in our convictions.

We need to stand up, be strong and take back our country.

Without our tax dollars, this plan goes nowhere, fast.