Yoest: Executive Order Won’t Stop Taxpayer-Funded Abortion

March 21, 2010

“Once again, the proposal to address the problem of abortion funding in the health care bill through use of an executive order is a tacit acknowledgement that the bill as it stands is pro-abortion legislation. Both the President and the Speaker have repeatedly denied this stark fact.

Furthermore, the AUL legal team has concluded that an executive order is not an adequate fix to mitigate the Senate bill’s establishment of taxpayer-funded abortion.  For example, an executive order cannot prevent insurance companies that pay for abortions in the exchanges from receiving federal subsidies.

In addition, executive orders can be undone or modified as quickly as they are created. President Obama revoked the Mexico City Policy, through the use of an executive order, and thereby allowed federal tax dollars to finance organizations that provide abortions internationally for the first time in years.

This fact, coupled with the Administration’s repeated endorsement of the pro-abortion lobby’s agenda, force any reasonable person to conclude that this bill will clearly create the largest expansion of taxpayer-funded abortion in American history.”

- Dr. Charmaine Yoest, President & CEO of Americans United for Life Action.

{ 2 trackbacks }

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : 'A Tragedy for America'
March 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm
Yoest: Executive Order Won’t Stop Taxpayer-Funded Abortion — AUL Action « Cajun Conservatism
March 21, 2010 at 5:07 pm

phillip March 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm

killing unborn babies is not right…!!! i do not support healthcare reform…!!!

Mike Lupo March 21, 2010 at 3:02 pm

The administration has repeatedly done everything they can to promote abortion. I do not think that anyone should support an executive order of dubious effectiveness.

Sherry March 21, 2010 at 3:04 pm

It looks like the REAL goal for Obama and Pelosi is not healthcare at all. Their first objective is taxpayer funded abortion. Why else would they not be willing to pass a “heathcare” bill without it? I’ll continue to pray for our ELECTED officials, that they will remember the majority that does not want to pay for babies to die. They need to do the will of their constituents, not that person sitting in the oval office.

Ronald Salyer March 21, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I will say, if this pre-abortion bill is approved, the people of the United Ststes of America have had the president approve legislation which is evil and against this country’s founders which protected human life in all forms. God help us and God bless America

Ronald Salyer
Fort Wayne Indiana

Ana Maria March 21, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Pray this bill does not pass:
Prevent Child Abuse, Protect the Unborn.
Prevent the Death Panels
Prevent Cuts to Medicare
Prevent Socialism

KILL THE BILL

Sharon Aungst March 21, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Killing babies is against God’s rule. He created them for a reason such as you were all created. Pelosi, Obama, Reid and elected officials that continue to “try” to fool the American public need all the prayers they can get. The majority is supposed to rule, why don’t they put this on ballot for voting….not force it down our throats and tell me why, (with all the talk about impeaching Bush when he has not hurt us like Obama) are we not talking about IMPEACHING OBAMA? I would like to know…

Robert Price March 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm

No to taxpayer funded abortion. No to The Healthcare bill!!!

Maggie Dugan March 21, 2010 at 3:20 pm

This breaks my heart that Rep. Stupak believes Pres. Obama, that he will keep his word. Does he not know that Obama’s true agenda in support of abortion rights. He has told pro abortion groups many times he stands in favor of abortion legislation. They are sacrificing our children in more ways than one. Obama will say or do anything to get this passed.

Mary Goodwin March 21, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Killing babies through abortion is the same as murdering anyone else, only worse because they are not able to defend themselves. The Lord Almighty is not going to turn His back on this horrendous crime. If America does not stop this we are a country in judgement and ruin.

wendy March 21, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Once again it is AGENDA before LIFE.

P2 March 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Beware, most voice mailbox systems are full — I tried calling people listed on the Susan B. Anthony List since no other names had been published early this afternoon. However, you may be able to FAX these members that Charmaine listed. I’d fax this press release to these folks. Just a suggestion — write on the top of it — “VOTE NO on HEALTH CARE and ABORTION AGREEMENTS”. Here’s the fax list I gathered from Project Vote Smart (votesmart.org):
Rep. Marion Berry (D, Jonesboro, Cabot, Mountain Home, AR) – (202) 225-4076
FAX (202) 225-5602 FAX

Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper (D, Erie, PA) – (202) 225-5406
FAX (202) 202-225-3103 FAX

Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D, Scranton, PA) – (202) 225-6511
FAX 202-225-0764 FAX

Rep. Mike Michaud (D, Waterville, Bangor, Lewiston, Presque Isle, ME) – (202) 225-6306
FAX 202-225-2943 FAX

Rep. Earl Pomeroy (D, Fargo, Bismark, ND) – (202) 225-2611
FAX 202-226-0893 FAX

Rep. Bobby Rush (D, Chicago, Midlotian, IL) – (202) 225-4372
FAX 202-226-0333 FAX

Rep. Vic Snyder (D, Little Rock, AR) – (202) 225-2506
FAX 202-225-5903 FAX

Rep. Bart Stupak (D, MI) – (202) 225-4735
FAX 202-225-4735 FAX

Rep. Harry Teague (D, Socorro, Las Cruces, Hobbs, Roswell, Los Lunas, NM) – (202) 225-2365
FAX 202-225-9599 FAX

John & Elizabeth Ullrich March 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm

We have just heard that Bart Stupak thinks that the Executive Order will be acceptable. He has worked diligently to stop abortion federal funding, and we pray that he will remain steadfast with his beliefs. I hope that Rep. Stupak demands specific language as he did with the original House Bill. He has stated several times that he will not accept anything that offers an adjustment after the bill passes. His efforts have been admirable and may he continue to stand for LIFE.

God's Child March 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm

First of all,
God never gave any one of His children the right to decide. “We the people” do not have a right to our own opinion against God’s written word. Period. The Holy Bible clearly defines the unborn as exactly this: CHILD, CHILDREN, SONS, DAUGHTERS, MAN, & WOMAN. So, in understanding how God views the unborn, we should obey in His instructions and not of our own. (Proverbs 3:5) The Holy Bible clearly defines what we call babies as a CHILD, CHILDREN, ect… So, knowing that and the commandment: Thou shall not kill, we need to obey that commandment and every other instruction written of God’s word.

I know what some people are going to say to this regarding separation of church & state but you who disagree with me regarding God’s principals should understand just how The United States of America came to be in the first place. Our Country – The United States of America, was founded by our forefathers who upheld GOD and the morals of His written word. This is why we have “IN GOD WE TRUST” written on our money which made our country’s finances Blessed until WE started straying away from those principals and morals. We are not allowed an opinion! God’s word is HIS word and has NEVER changed! The people of this country do not have the right to go against it and change His law in any way. Please join me in prayer and repentance for this nation.

-God’s Child

Olivia Baca March 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm

ALL YOU know that Mr. Obama support the abortion, we are not going to pay for it! we need more school, more hospitals, MORE CHURCHES to pray for the people like the president, we have to pray for his convertion, he is Neron in 2010; the devil is leading this country now!. we have to remember USA is land of God. We have to pray for this wonderful nation.

God blessed America!

M Anthony March 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Re: Abortion funding bill under the guise of “Health care reform bill” that funds abortion.

Good legislators exercise the moral courage to say “No”, “No” “No” and reject a health care bill that funds abortion by deceptive and evasive language in a so-called “health” care and/or insurance reform bill that allows the insidious evil of abortion funding to slither through the Halls of Congress into the Oval Office.

Votes on this issue effects more than just one district; the vote effects all districts…all new unborn growing babies, their families, grandparents, sisters, brothers, nieces, aunts, uncles, all Americans and future Americans.

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and all members of Congress and staff are the recipients and beneficiaries of a good pro-life parent just like every other human being. Indeed, Congress makes sure they have good health insurance coverage and benefits for their selves. We, the People…have a right to the same good health insurance coverage as Congress, without coercion and bribes to fund abortions with taxpayer money.

If the “abortion” funding bill …the so-called health care reform bill…passes and Congress members or families get sick and need good health care exactly like unborn babies need good health care, I hope Congress understands that to survive they will need a health care provider with a good rightly formed, informed and protected **Conscience.**

When people are ill, including legislators and Supreme Court judges, all politicians, suddenly begin to see the value of a choice and vote for “pro-life” healing health care.

In the hospital, in my own professional practice, I witness and see dying people transformed into believers of a pro-life position. Unfortunately, some real life conversions and trasformations in favor of life do not occur until people are seriously ill or on their death beds. Then, finally they recognize life is a real Blessing, Sacred and too Precious for doctors to rip away babies from a mother before the tiny new person can speak for their self to say, “I want to live.”

A health care bill with language that permits abortion funding will generate votes to abort Democrats from Congress. One vote can make a BIG difference.

I offer sincere prayer for Mr. President Obama, all Congress members, especially those without gratefulness and a genuine appreciation for life.

Thank you for your attention.

MP Anthony

Tom C. in Houston March 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm

There are so many problems with the Obama-Care bill, not the least being the U.S. Taxpayer funding of abortion. It would be easy to clear up the matter if the Democrats wanted the issue resolved. However, the only thing that is clear is that there is no consensus on this issue, and therefore a strong division on this point.

Health Care for all people, whether American born, hard working Immigrants, or someone who just has no means, is an excellent, even Christian based ideal. But the end ‘never’ justifies the means, and any bill that isn’t clear on the matter of abortion funding is an abomination!

Please pray that the members of Congress come to know the truth about LIfe will be maiifest in their hearts this day, and that is that Life begins at conception, and abortion is only legalization to murder an innocent child.

Patricia Walsh March 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I just heard Rep. Stupak’s admission that he will trust the strongest abortion president that we have ever had in the USA. I cannot believe he can be so naive. He was looking for an excuse. It is clear that this healthcare bill intends to not work well, as among other things it will bankrupt us. So the sheeples in our country will go for socialized medicine that will certainly fund abortions.
When this happens he will want to return the 30 pieces of silver. Lord have mercy on him.
Our job is to defeat Stupak in the next election.

VW March 21, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Unborn babies will continue to be killed with or without this bill. You’re losing sight of the real battle. Abortion is LEGAL and this is America where Americans have the right to anything that is LEGAL. The legality of abortion is what must be fought. Healthcare reform is not about making abortion illegal. That’s what AUL and other such groups should be about. We need to fight the legality of abortion, not stop folks who need health care from getting it because we can score political points while having no actual impact on helping the unborn. This is rhetoric and it’s shameful to the poor. Let’s get to the legality of abortion, all the while, I’m assuming, doing everything to help women who do choose to see their baby to term. Like giving them healthcare.

Jules March 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I agree with you God’s Child. However, Separation of Church and State are not real. It was only mentioned in a letter that Lincoln wrote to make sure there was not a National Religion like Brittian had. So your right all the way and S of C & State does not make it less right!
Thanks.

Elizabeth Gregorek March 21, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Yes and Amen. Vote Against Health Care Bill, Pro- Lifer!!

Karen Grube March 21, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I called Bart Stupak’s campaign office rather than his Congressional office because no one was answering, and read them the riot act. Please get the word out to all pro-life organizations to drop their support for this unprincipled jerk. We need to make sure he is replaced by someone of true character and intelligence in the next election. I hate to say it, but you can never trust a Democrat. And this is coming from someone who was a strong member of the DNC for over 36 years, and who only recently became a Republican because of all this bribery, strong-arming, bullying, lying, and so on.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to contact my HR department and reduce my withholding exemptions to $0. Then I’m going to use that money – about $18,000 between now and the election – to donate to real conservative candidates and to get rid of people like Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer, and anyone who changed their vote on this bill from No to Yes – no matter where they are. I simply will not pay taxes when they’re going to be used to pay for abortions. I just won’t.

Bob D. Lehrer March 21, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This is “health care” my eye!!! This is a take over and control of the American people in the United States. Pelosi, Reid, Obama and many Democrats are trying to dismantle our country. They are the REAL INSURGENTS!!! I am truly disgusted with them and also classify them as murderers of unborn children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roz Greco March 21, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I do not support this health reform bill and shame on those who do. Abortion is the act of killing and God help us all if this passes.

BETTIE CHEEK March 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Charmaine, I just prayed for you and hope God will defeat this bill and the men and women who know it is wrong will vote against. Thank you.

Elizabeth March 21, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I want to know why, if Obama supposedly intends to issue an executive order about this AFTER the fact, pro-life language was not added to the bill a year ago. I want to know why, if it is not a pro-abortion piece of legislation (which it is), it took until the very last day, the very last hours, for him to “agree” to issuing an executive order.

Remember when Obama told the whole nation in the very beginning that abortion would not be covered under universal health care? YouTube probably has that video somewhere. Not that I believed him then, but let me ask this: if this is not about abortion, then WHY wasn’t pro-life language inserted in the very beginning?

Do they think we are fools? Do they think we don’t know what’s going on?

The bill will be passed and hell will freeze over before Obama will EVER sign that executive order. And if he does do it, it will only be so he can REVERSE it and fully allow federal funds to cover abortion. Do they think we’re stupid? An executive order is not law! They know that, which is why they have agreed to it.

I feel that Stupak is caving, and I don’t want to believe that. This executive order business is not a deal! It is a lie, a trap, and he can’t be naive enough to fall for it. Let’s pray for him to be given the grace of the Holy Spirit. Let’s pray, pray, pray. No health care reform if our little brothers and sisters are at risk!

This is a disaster for the children. Come, Lord Jesus. For the sake of Your little ones, COME. The United States of America will allow free abortions. What next? Poor, poor children.

Cheryl Ann March 21, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you before you were born. I set you apart. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. May God continue to Bless America, those who turn their back on God cannot stand on solid ground. Pray for all Americans.

Elizabeth March 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I also want to remind everyone of something very important: the real battle is not in Congress, but in human hearts. Let’s not forget that we pro-lifers have to be out there trying to change not only the law, but HEARTS, first and foremost. The law fails us, so let’s turn as much attention as possible to the girls and women in need by helping them find the proper resources that would help them. Let’s make it so that they don’t WANT abortion, legal or not.

E-mail me e_comeau629@yahoo.com and I will tell you how to get involved with talking one-on-one with very, very troubled girls through public online communities like Yahoo Answers, where girls in need FLOCK by the THOUSANDS for help. Please e-mail me and I will tell you how to be a part of this important ministry. Your words of encouragement can save lives–believe me, I have seen pictures of the children whose lives were saved just because I was willing to get personal and listen to these girls. And I am no one special, just a 26-year-old mother who loves motherhood, the unborn and my country. You have no idea how greatly God needs you in this way. Girls and women in need are going online for help–find them! They are desperate for help, so meet them where they are. You don’t have to have special skills, just a loving heart, a little time and some resources to suggest. Please e-mail me and I will give you tips. I started doing this two years ago when I became pregnant, and my husband and I have been doing it as a team since last year. Please get involved. The need is tremendous online, absolutely tremendous. This is where to really help.

VW March 21, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Okay, seriously, you guys, I am pro-life and I’m reminding you — Abortion is already LEGAL! We ALREADY ALLOW ABORTION. Stopping the health care bill will not change that!!! YIKES. Focus on changing the law, don’t focus on politics and socialism mumbo jumbo, this is all smoke and mirrors to stop you from focusing on CHANGING THE LAW. I hope to God all this bluster is backed up by every one of you working in your communities (as I do) to help young pregnant woman who choose to keep their babies. Yes? And WHO DESPERATELY NEED HEALTH CARE TO DO SO. Don’t waste another minute of your day listening to politicians on either side — get out there and start making it possible for women to keep their babies BY HELPING THEM DO SO. Or is it just more fun to take a side and wail that the end is nigh? I mean is this about the actual unborn or the figurative/religious symbolism unborn? There’s lots YOU can do. And none of it is political, afraid or smug.

Rosie in Penna. March 21, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Dear God, please help our nation. We need Your direction with our leaders hearts and minds NOW in the name of Jesus, A-Men.

P2 March 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Hi. Wrong fax # for Stupak — it’s 202-225-4744.

Julia March 21, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Dear VW,
You seem to have missed the point. There have been several fights to overturn Roe vs Wade over the years. All have been defeated. The point is now YOU will be paying for the deaths of millions of inncoent babies.

Dee in Texas March 21, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Stupak is “stupid” if he believes this president is going to sign an executive order and not recind it later. The Planned Parenthood lobby is too strong. I am praying that God will be in all of the decisions for the defeat of this bill. He is still in charge of all of it even though arrogant mankind thinks he is the ultimate decision maker. I just pray that God will work all of this for His good and His glory.

VW March 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Hi Julia. No. The point is NOT whether or not I’M paying for them. The point is to stop them from happening! Look, it’s tempting to get all righteous in moments like this– there’s an energy in that — but we can’t get so blinded that we’re willing to kill some to save others (lack of healthcare literally kills thousands of American citizens, just as abortion does). Science is finally on our side. We know more about conception and the fetus now than we knew when Roe v Wade came down. We have substance with which to fight this. We must stop being vitriolic victims – it only gives politicians something to use. Both dems and reps. I do believe the devil is winning this round, not because the bill will pass but because pro lifers will just get more wordy and less active. At least that’s what I see in the actual fields.

VW March 21, 2010 at 4:37 pm

And Yes to Elizabeth who posted earlier. That’s where the real battle wages and the devil wants everyone to forget that!!! Sign up for active duty if you REALLY want to make a difference in this battle. Otherwise you are sound and fury signifying nothing — what will you say at Judgement? “Well, I protested health care.. and I uh, wrote some emails and a made a phone call during political voting periods…”

John March 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Stupak can’t be this stupid. I know that he has been steadfast in defending life, but he is being “conned” by one of the greatest conmen of all time. He should know better!

Michael Quigley March 21, 2010 at 4:39 pm

“Those who hold the reins of government should not forget that it is the duty of public authority by appropriate laws and sanctions to defend the lives of the innocent, and this all the more so since those whose lives are endangered and assailed cannot defend themselves. Among whom we must mention in the first place infants hidden in the mother’s womb. And if the public magistrates not only do not defend them, but by their laws and ordinances betray them to death at the hands of doctors or of others, let them remember that God is the Judge and Avenger of innocent blood which cried from earth to Heaven.”
Pope Pius XI Casti Connubii (December 31, 1930)

Phil Gutek March 21, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Stupak has been stupped along with his covey. We should plan on rationing of health care -as I have witnessed in some of my family members in the so called free care in Canada.

Randall Kernen March 21, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I’ve lost all confidence in our legislative bodies that are supposed to be God fearing people. How can they be pro-choice killing the unborn. I’ve all but given up on them.
Randall

Joseph DeLaney March 21, 2010 at 5:05 pm

The Representative from NY with the name Slaughter has been named correctly. If you don’t believe me ask the babies that will be “Slaughtered” by this bill

ca March 21, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I looked at all the people who vote for this bill criminals–no two ways about it. Still praying that God have mercy on us as a nation and consider all the hard work the pro-life people have done to stop this awful, brutal baby killing bill.

Michael W. Calsetta March 21, 2010 at 5:22 pm

“Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God”

To: The Conservative Democratic Alliance Network (And Friends)

Please Note the time of this e-mail: and re-distribute ASAP

Many members of our Alliance (judging from e-mails) are very disappointed at our “Blue Dogs” on Capitol Hill

(Especially the “Pro-Life Democrats” lead by Bart Stupak).

If this Healthcare bill had failed, then I had hoped WE (Conservative Democrats) could have rid ourselves of our “Radically Wrong” leaders sooner, rather than later by supporting a NEW coalition of Conservative Democrats working with Conservative Republicans NOW, as well as after 2010.

That hope disappeared with the deals and bribes and NOW WE MUST OPPOSE ANYONE (no acceptations) who voted for this government takeover of our Healthcare system. YES, the Republicans will win back Congress in 2010, but what kind of Republicans?

The (And Friends) part of our network are Republicans and Independents and this message is for you as well. The Liberal N.E. Wing of the Republican Party and so-called “Establishment Republicans” give us candidates like “Unfit-Mitt” Romney, who (in turn) gave us John McCain and as a result, we now have the Radically Wrong running our country. 2012 will be different because of potential new candidates recently elected or soon to be elected.

Make no mistake about it, this Health-Care bill (if passed) will be ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL and/or it will be repealed and replaced with real “Private Sector” reforms. However, everyone receiving this e-mail must now realize that they can no longer sit on the sidelines. They need to pick a Conservative candidate (in their own backyard or elsewhere) and WORK to get that person elected in the primary and again in November! That means sending them money NOW, working the phones and Internet from home AND as many “Feet on the Street” events as possible.

It’s time to join the TEA Party movement (at the Precinct level). I was an impromptu speaker at the TEA party rally, across from the White House on April 15, 2009. I am now a member of the DC TEA Party and receive e-mails from the National TEA Party coalition. BUT, being in Miami Florida during this election cycle, I want to help the Miami 912 Project, so they can help Conservative candidates replace Liberal Democrats. Please join with me and all true Conservatives in this effort. Join your local TEA Party NOW and get involved NOW!!!

Best Wishes,
Michael W. Calsetta
Former President of The Conservative Democratic Alliance, Inc.

BTW… The Quotation is from Ben Franklin

Paul Smith March 21, 2010 at 5:26 pm

What we need now in congress are men and women of principle, who will STAND UP for the rights of unborn children. Under the Obama plan, these innocents will be slaughtered and paid for by tax dollars. The executive order “deal” is a scam. The intent of the executive order charade is to provide cover to pro-life democrats so that they can claim to have not voted for a pro-abortion bill. The intent is to seduce them to vote yes. I pray that they will have the moral courage to STAND UP and vote NO to the health care abomination bill. If they vote yes, then they have sold their souls to the devil and countless innocent babies will die.

Florence March 21, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I would like to say a huge “THANK YOU! THANK YOU!” to all the protesters who have driven thousands of miles to Washington, given of their precious time and, no doubt, considerable cost, to stand outside in the cold for hours and days, voicing their protests and marching through the halls of the Capitol. I think I speak for thousands of us who are unable to join them. I pray their efforts bring a victory and this terrible bill does not pass. God bless you all and keep you safe!!

lori March 21, 2010 at 5:28 pm

The fight for making Abortion illegal will always take the lead for all of us pro-life supporters. In the mean time we can’t let them sneak in our own back door by passing this bill. If they do it will only make our fight harder to make Abortion illegal. I watch Obama and Pelosi and I see such hate and evil in them. It makes me wonder about their own past!!!!!
Pro-lifer in Dallas Texas.

Ferdinand Gajewski March 21, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Pro-life language was not iadded to the bill a year ago (I’m responding to one of the posters above) because Obama, Pelosi and their ilk didn’t feel themselves on the verge of defeat a year ago.

Don March 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I read that the poor prefer the House version of the medical reform bill. Since most women are forced to have their abortions by their families and the fathers of the children, it must be that the rich want to kill the poor. Let’s pray that this work of the devil stops!

bob March 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm

What about this portion of the bill…SEC. 9007. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHARITABLE
HOSPITALS. Charitable hospitals…. meaning faithbased, Christian and Jewish Hospitals will need to provide certain services… ie Abortions!!!!! This section is unneccessary … unless there are other motives… which we know there are!

kathie Jackson March 21, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I just completed reading the book The 5000 Year Leap , The 28 great Ideas that changed the world. Its all about our founding Fathers and how our constiution was made and its History and what we look like now and why. Wrote by W. Cleon Skosen. WE have left our constitution and lost the intent of it, we must get back to the Grass Roots, Of LIFE ( from OUR Creator) and Liberty and Justice that with Him we can obtain. Pope John Paul 11 told us, “a country that does not protect it future , the person in the womb, will loose its very soul.” WE the People UNITED will Stand together with Our Creator to obtain these unalienable Rights, not for some but for ALL. Samual Adams emphazied the moral responsibility of Americans to preserve the heitage of freedom and unalienable rights with which the Creator had endowed them. Sam felt it was a wicked and unnatural thing to allow those great fruits of liberty to languish by neglect or apathy. The right to these freedoms being the gift of God Almight, it is not in the power of men to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.

Amanda March 21, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I can’t help but cry when I think of the hurt and devastation this bill could bring. I’m trying to think of a Biblical reference that can compare to our situation and right now I’m at a loss. I know God is powerful and whatever happens-He is in control. We need to remember that. We also need to be vigilant and on guard for the battle between good and evil that is raging. We also need to remember what happened in the old testament when the Hebrews were found guilty of sacrificing their children to idols. Are we not doing the same? They are not idols of wood or stone, but idols of our own pride, comfort, fear or convenience. I do agree that the most effective way to stop abortion is to meet the women where they are and give them the hope of Jesus. I just will not pay out of my pocket to destroy unborn life.

I’m reminded of watching a classic movie-The Sound of Music, where Christopher Plummer plays the captain and when knowing he had to flee his beloved country Austria or join in with German Nazis, he said “to refuse them would be fatal for all of us. Joining them would be unthinkable.” And they left their beloved country on foot through the mountains. Sounds pretty appealing right now. Maybe I just made somebody smile. God Bless!

1 Pet. 5:8-”Be sober; be vigilant, for your adversary the devil prowls about like a raging lion, seeking whom he may devour.”

Audrey March 21, 2010 at 9:18 pm

This healthcare bill is very suspect. Apart from the funding of abortion, which I am against,who knows what else is in there that takes away our rights. We might need healthcare reform,but not at the expense of unborn babies.Isn’t this like sacrificing our children?