Yoest: Executive Order Won’t Stop Taxpayer-Funded Abortion

March 21, 2010

“Once again, the proposal to address the problem of abortion funding in the health care bill through use of an executive order is a tacit acknowledgement that the bill as it stands is pro-abortion legislation. Both the President and the Speaker have repeatedly denied this stark fact.

Furthermore, the AUL legal team has concluded that an executive order is not an adequate fix to mitigate the Senate bill’s establishment of taxpayer-funded abortion.  For example, an executive order cannot prevent insurance companies that pay for abortions in the exchanges from receiving federal subsidies.

In addition, executive orders can be undone or modified as quickly as they are created. President Obama revoked the Mexico City Policy, through the use of an executive order, and thereby allowed federal tax dollars to finance organizations that provide abortions internationally for the first time in years.

This fact, coupled with the Administration’s repeated endorsement of the pro-abortion lobby’s agenda, force any reasonable person to conclude that this bill will clearly create the largest expansion of taxpayer-funded abortion in American history.”

- Dr. Charmaine Yoest, President & CEO of Americans United for Life Action.

{ 2 trackbacks }

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : 'A Tragedy for America'
March 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm
Yoest: Executive Order Won’t Stop Taxpayer-Funded Abortion — AUL Action « Cajun Conservatism
March 21, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Paula March 21, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Bart Stupak has turned a blind eye to the Demoncratic party and is a willing participant in this deception upon himself, the American public, and those many, many innocent lives who are depending upon him. There is no honor left in this party.

And yes, Audrey, we are sacrificing our children on the altar of convenience and self. May God have mercy upon this country.

Rebecca Adams March 21, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I will not conform to this law…as a signer of the Manhattan Declaration, I will accumulate any amount of fines for not buying health care insurance, I will offer as a prayer all illnesses God sees fit to send me without seeking medical treatment and I refuse to pay any federal tax, which I will accomplish by claiming EXEMPT on my W4s, which may result eventually in imprisonment. Shame on Stupak and every supposed profile Democrat, who has chosen to lie to us, themselves and to God!!!

Dan Iracki, M.D. March 21, 2010 at 11:49 pm

When Christ sent his disciples to evangelize the people he warned them that he was sending them as sheep among the wolves and told them to be wise as serpents but innocent as doves. It would be easy to allow anger to be the overriding response to the betrayal of the likes of Rep. Stupak, the Catholic Health Assoc., and other so-called Pro-Life groups and individuals but that just plays into the hands of the wolves. Christ was betrayed by his friends but he never stopped loving them. We can love them by praying for them and making sacrifices (fasting, etc.) in reparation for their actions. In this way we will be as innocent as doves. To be wise as serpents we have to use the unique gifts God has given each one of us to help Him convert the hearts and minds of the people of this country to the fact that each human being from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death possesses an innate dignity that cannot be taken away or diminished by the government. First each one of us must put in our hearts and minds that God loves us more than we will ever know and we are holy. Only then can we pick up our cross each day and be the face of Christ to others by using our God given talents in serving them. Ask God to show you His Will on how to use your talents and trust in his help.

B Mark Anderson March 22, 2010 at 7:51 am

Thank you, Dr. Dan. Yours is the most helpful and profound comment I’ve read regarding the health care vote. This is a spiritual battle as well as a political battle. Love conquers. “And the God of peace will soon crush satan beneath your feet.” Romans 16:20

Wayne Bachmann March 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

I like, and support Rebecca Adam’s response!! Ditto- but I may choose to go as an airplane, that can not be seen by radar, first. I know how to be stealthy. I do not have credit cards, I do not need a cell phone, or computer!!– or a driver’s license.

Christy March 22, 2010 at 9:12 am

I would like to ask whatever happened to respecting your leaders and those in authority? This is directed especially to “Rebecca Adams” who claims she will no longer pay her taxes or conform to this bill. Wow. And when the Bible specifically tells us to respect those in authority and to pray for them. Is it because Obama is a democrat that no one respects him? Bush made MANY mistakes, yet all I ever heard Christians saying was how much we needed to respect and pray for him. Doesn’t Obama deserve the same?
Why are you assuming that Obama is lying to you about this executive order and taxpayer funded abortions? Can you not even give him the benefit of the doubt? And can none of you see that this bill will help millions of Americans who are DYING because they don’t have healthcare?
No one thought Bush was lying about the Iraq war and about weapons of mass destructions, but turns out he was and we are in a war that is costing us millions and taking thousands of innocent lives. But interestingly enough I rarely see Christians protesting that. So what I take from that is that the lives of these Iraqi citizens and soldiers are far less important than American lives. I’m sure Jesus would agree.

Dave Rolston March 22, 2010 at 9:31 am

First and foremost, I Pray this bill does not pass.

However, If this bill does pass, our new fight transition to what Rebbecca points out; Pray, do not purchase the (so-called) Health Care Plan and no longer pay taxes.
Abortion is against my Catholic Religious beliefs, so I have a moral obligation to not pay my taxes, as long as any of the money collected is used for abortion.

If a few of this stand firm to this call of action, us few will simply be placed in jailed and silenced. On the other hand, if all of us stand together the impact on this Health Care and the tax base would be catastrophic, and would force the Government to re-think this error.

Our strength is in our Faith, numbers and unity. If we stand firm and unite against this injustice we can overturn the decision (if in fact it passes).

Michelle March 22, 2010 at 9:40 am

I am amazed with the absolute most beautiful truth that Dan Iracki has stated. The Holy Spirit Himself has guided your words! I couldn’t have said it better. We need to pray fervently and claim God’s truth and pray His truth back to Him! We serve a big God who is in charge of ALL things and all people. God can change a heart in a second……He has created every heart! This needs to be our prayer that God change hearts to coincide with His holy will!
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
The Bible must remain the basis for the laws governing our land! Our country was founded on God’s Word and must remain founded on His Word!

Timothy March 22, 2010 at 9:55 am

Christy you are mistaken. President Bush did not lie about the war in Iraq. The inteligence may have been faulty but then it was inteligence from multiple countries that arrived at the same conclusion.

So if Adams is wrong in protesting through the withholding of her taxes and not following this currupt and unconstitutional health care bill, then I guess the revolutionaries that freed this country where wrong to because they did not obey the authority from what was our mother country back then.

It is time for a new revolution in American and I support it 100%!

Richard March 22, 2010 at 10:41 am

Obviuosly Christy needs to be better informed , Listen, listen to the Ali story who coverted to Christainity and then Catholicim . He unequivically states Iraq is the only mid east countrywhich has no censorship in media, etc. etc. Our tea party moment, our pro-life movement is not being reported truthfully.He who is a converted Muslum and may be martyred because of his speaking out , he states freedom does not happen in three years . He states it must be given 10 -20 years at least .Look at all countries who fought for freedom. I t did not happen over night.
How does this relate to our current administartion and the will of the people…our democracy? We must confront BO and his administation’s lies and totally disrespect the democractis process, discrespect for life, disrespect for the unborn , the elderly, and growing dictatoral powers which is what BO is becoming or we will lose our freedom. Wake up Christy.

Dave Stroebe March 22, 2010 at 11:53 am

I too will not sign up for this “health care” even if publicly funded abortions are eliminated. Obama is shoving this horrible bill down out throats when he knows we do not want it. SEND ME TO JAIL! Go to my “Politically Incorrect Radio Muskegon” on YOUTUBE under strobx1 channel & listen to how the issue is $$$$$$$ which the abortion industry stands to lose. That’s almost 3/4 of a BILLION dollars a year. Go to my blog at
www://strobx1.blogspot.com/ and read my written comments. Not only should Obama be impeached, he should get the “size 13″ and drop kicked over the White house fence. And the rest of the Democrats too. This is a classic case of “Abuse of power”

Christy March 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Timothy,

Please tell me EXACTLY how the healthcare bill is “corrupt and unconstitutional.” I would like to know. I am willing to bet you have not even read it or taken the time to research it but are simply joining the masses of so called “Christians” who claim to follow Jesus but show no love but only hate.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1914020220100319–this is what the bill will do and mean for Americans. Tell me which parts you don’t agree with and what is unconstitutional. Tell me which parts call for a “new revolution” in America.
And I’m not even going to address the Iraq war with you. You are obviously too brainwashed to listen to any truth.

Richard,
Iraq is none of our business. We went in there for oil and power, and thats all there is to it. Our presence there is merely escalating the violence and hatred. Don’t even pretend that America is doing them a favor.
How does Obama “disrespect life” by promoting a bill that will help millions of people who have no health insurance? That statement makes absolutely no sense. Abortion is legal. This bill will not change that.

To everyone on here who calls themselves a Christian and is against abortion: I hope you are actively doing something to help pregnant women considering abortions instead of just spewing hate. You claim to know and follow Christ? Who preached love and forgiveness above everything else? Think about that. Read the gospels.

astamm March 22, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I am mystifed at the pro-life strategy during this entire debate. Supporting the Stupak amendment’s only possible outcome would be to help pass the healthcare bill. In my estimation, everything that could be done to make the bill less appealing would have made it dead in the water the first time through the house. Getting angry about it now, is perplexing at the least…please advise, perhaps I am ignorant?

Dave Rolston March 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Cristy,
Have you read the bill? I kinda doubt it, as most in congress and senate have not.
Are you a Christian?
Are your Pro-Life?

This thread is about the Health (death) care bill’s effect on the life of unborn children. It IS NOT about Bush or Iraq. These are subjects for other threads.

Facts:
Obama and his administration are the biggest supporters and proponents of Pro-Choice (oh, I hate even stating the propaganda infused title) in US history. Mr. Obama promised, as his top priority, passing a health care bill to INCLUDE abortion funding. This is the delivery of that policy.
Here, you seem to like online facts, here’s the facts about Obama, straight out of his own mouth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUl99id2SvM

Yes, we should respect our elected officials, UNLESS they go against our MORAL obligations. This bill does, and that is what this thread is about.

You seem very concerned over words and actions of people. But, have you ever stopped to consider all the people you are speaking about, and the fact that you are speaking si the result of the fact that you were allowed to be born?

The biggest issue is giving our brothers and sisters the right to be born, at which time they can practice their free will, choose to be a Democrat, Republican, President, etc. Without life, nothing of this is possible.

Try to stay focused on the issue; the life of innocent children and how this bill will add significantly to the 50 million murdered children since Roe vs. Wade.

You seem to have some kindness in your heart, do you carry it to the unborn children of the world? If so, you cannot support O.B. and his clan.

I suspect you are; not Christian (or at least a practicing one in line with Christs teachings), pro-choice and a are a Democrat. Correct? (all of which are choices those living can make)

Dave Rolston March 22, 2010 at 2:15 pm

And yes Christy,
I am Pro-Life, I happen to be the Pro-Life Director for the Knights of Columbus.
I am a practicing Catholic, I attend Mass daily.
I have prayed in front of abortion mills, reached out to those woman to offer assistance.
Are you actively doing anything or just using that as rhetoric on us?

We could use you to fight for the unborn with as much zeal as you do Obama. I think life is a little better cause than one man’s political career.

Astamm,

The passing of the Bill with the Stupak amendment would have specifically forbid the use of tax funding for abortions, following longstanding law (the Hyde amendment).

The debate and the pro-life movement’s objective has been to simply ensure no tax payer money is used to fund abortions. The Stupak amendment complied with this request.

The issue, now that it’s been passed,is that Stupak and other pro-life democrats agreed to a last minute ‘compromise’ involving an executive order for B.O. that tax dollars would not be used for abortions. However, we all know the President can rescind that order at any time, thus delivering on the promise he made to planned parenthood; ensuring health care reform would cover abortions.

Seeing he’s a strong pro-choice defender, us Pro-Life proponents are a bit weary he will not keep his word/the order.

Teresa Dillon-Lundgren March 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm

This is a very sad day in America, I wonder if this is what the people in Europe felt like when they were under the British dictatership and left to go to the free nation of America? Our fore fathers would be sad to see how our government is being run. This was not their plan, their plan was for the people, by the people. My family first wanted to not pay our taxes but then we talked about this and said” We are not trusting God on what we need to do we needs ito start networks all over the U.S. (cells) to go into deep prayer and fasting for God’s plan to be revealed and worked out through his people. We can all keep in touch through the internet. We have to pray for guidance first from God, Almighty and then act on the thoughts and decesions he reveals to us. The second step is to vote out the persons that voted this in and really pray for guidance on the representatives to vote in. We can take our country back but if we do this in anger with no guidance from God, our problem will not be solved. The first, middle and the last day of each month, we as a nation need to get on our knee boards, all of us who are in agreement, and fast and pray for God to act in a mighty way and bring our United States of America back to our original roots, one nation under God, who is soveign. WE CAN DO THIS

Teresa Dillon-Lundgren March 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

This is a very sad day in America, I wonder if this is what the people in Europe felt like when they were under the British dictatership and left to go to the free nation of America? Our fore fathers would be sad to see how our government is being run. This was not their plan, their plan was for the people, by the people. My family first wanted to not pay our taxes but then we talked about this and said we are not trusting God on what we need to do. What we need to do is to start networks all over the U.S. (cells) to go into deep prayer and fasting for God’s plan to be revealed and worked out through his people. We can all keep in touch through the internet. We have to pray for guidance first from God, Almighty and then act on the thoughts and decisions he reveals to us. The second step is to vote out the persons that voted this in and really pray for guidance on the representatives to vote in. We can take our country back but if we do this in anger with no guidance from God, our problem will not be solved. The first, middle and the last day of each month, we as a nation need to get on our knee boards, all of us who are in agreement, and fast and pray for God to act in a mighty way to bring our United States of America back to our original roots, one nation under God, who is soveign. WE CAN DO THIS!

J. B. March 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I have read the executive order that Barack Obama signed and I think that is good enough. It specifically stipulates that the bill upholds the Hyde amendment which seems to be your prior bench mark.

The important thing is that Obama signed an executive order that bans federal use of money for abortions.

What more do you people want?

Mark Hromalik March 22, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Worthy Supreme Grand Knight Carl Anderson:

Thank you and God bless you for being such a strong pro-life leader! Please let your knights worldwide know what you’re going to do about Congressman and Knight Bart Stupak. He let down the Pro-Life movement, the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus. If he is not a coward and a traitor, please let us know what he really is! Please tell us something that will make us feel better about this devastating loss that is the Obama Health Care Bill. Thank you.

Yours for LIFE,

Mark Hromalik
Council 6065
Pro-Life Chairman 1990-2002

janet March 23, 2010 at 8:01 am

I will not pay for any abortions and they should not expect people who are against it to support it.I think all people who are against abortion should quit paying taxes until it is changed. See if they can lock us all up. That is communism at its worse. They are making people whose religion is so much against this.What else would you call it. This health care bill is not going to help me. Right now we are paying over $12,000 a year for insurance. They needed to do something about these insurance co. charging so much for the coverage. At this point, I am so frustrated with our government. Janet

janet March 23, 2010 at 8:04 am

I will not pay for any abortions and they should not expect people who are against it to support it.I think all people who are against abortion should quit paying taxes until it is changed. See if they can lock us all up. That is communism at its worse. They are making people whose religion is so much against this pay for this awful act. What else would you call it. This health care bill is not going to help me. Right now we are paying over $12,000 a year for insurance. They needed to do something about these insurance co. charging so much for the coverage. At this point, I am so frustrated with our government. Janet

Joe March 23, 2010 at 11:13 am

its is my understanding that Executive orders are not law but a proclamation from the President, further, it totally ignores the check and balance of the three branches of government. so they are illegal on its face. However, and for some unknown reason it is treated as law. and I think that comes from a corporate stand point that the CEO can give a directive and it must be followed, and in this case, Mr Obama is the CEO of a Corporate UNITED STATES and he takes his orders form the shadow government (secret societies), or the broad of directors who are the ultra elite. And who think the rest of the common folks, like you and I are incapable of deciding what is good for us, so they will tell you what is good for us. beside there is a wealth of money to be made off the sheeples and those elite will be more richer then before and you will be more poorer then ever before. and that my two cents and I’m sticking to it.

JustTrueLove March 24, 2010 at 1:11 am

Christy: You falsely accuse Bush of lying about the Iraq war–weapons of mass destruction. The Senators had the same intelligence he relied upon…and they voted to go to war. Clinton, voted–are you going to call her a liar, too? All the other Senators, too? Bush, like President John F. Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs fiasco, relied upon intelligence that was seriously flawed. Unfortunately. However, Saddam Hussein, like Hitler, was a menace to his people, and through his threats, and invasion of another country, Kuwait, a threat beyond his country’s borders. Stalin was a menace to mankind. How many millions of lives were lost because Hitler and Stalin remained in power? We don’t fully know what “might have happened” had Saddam Hussein remained in power, and threatened peace. Our troops, like the US Military after WWII in Germany, are maintaining a semblance of order, rebuilding and strengthening the country, helping to create a strong stable country again.

“Respecting leaders and those in authority” is a moral duty if and when what they command is ethical and moral. Only then! If a police officer hands me his gun and orders me to shoot an innocent child; it would be immoral for me to obey. I feel what this bill “orders” me to do, by the tax-funding of abortions, (it is still there unfortunately, as the Pro-Choice people attest!). My tax dollars are like bullets killing another innocent human being! This violates my conscience.

“Abortion is legal.” Sadly true. Abortion is gravely immoral for it is the killing of another human person’s life! Why aren’t you outraged at such an abomination? “Pro-choice” is really “Pro-Fraud” for the real truth is that most young girls and women are not free to “choose.” They are threatened, coerced, bullied, lied to, deceived, and “brain-washed” into allowing their motherhood to be desecrated. Pregnant women have a high percentage of becoming victims of murder! Post-aborted women have only problems that eventually surface: suicide, depression, post-traumatic stress, increased rates of breast cancer, and a “haunting” of never being able to forget. NO DECENT AMERICAN WOULD WANT TO FUND SUCH A HORROR!!!!