“We are working around the clock to stop this pro-abortion health care plan in its tracks. The Americans United for Life Action team is organizing a Team Life mobilization of grassroots activists across the country, engaging Congressional leaders and staff, and providing every possible support to pro-life Democrats as they fight for Life in the face of tremendous pressure.”
– Dr. Charmaine Yoest, President and CEO of AUL Action
AUL Action’s “Real Health Care Respects Life” campaign is working to put pressure on Congress to oppose taxpayer-funded abortion in health care:
- Launching Support Stupak – a new Facebook campaign encouraging pro-life Democrats.
- Making thousands of calls to citizens in 38 targeted Congressional districts.
- Preparing to deploy a print and online ad campaign in targeted Congressional districts.
- Releasing a call to action video from Dr. Charmaine Yoest.
- Sending grassroots emails to urge activists to contact Congress – nearly one million emails since the President released his health care proposal.
- Working aggressively on Capitol Hill, meeting with Members and Congressional staff.
- Using social media (Twitter, Facebook and YouTube) to galvanize opposition.
- Placing opinion pieces, like this Wall Street Journal Op-ed.
- Pushing out fast facts on the AUL Action blog, including this post.
- Engaging policy experts using our senior legal team to clear up misinformation.