Life Counts – Video: Urgent Message from AUL Action

March 4, 2010

For more information, go to AULaction.org. You can also click here to contact your Senators and Member of Congress and tell them you oppose taxpayer-funded abortion in health care reform.

UPDATE: Be sure to read today’s op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal by Dr. Charmaine Yoest. Remember, you must click here to let Congress know you oppose taxpayer-funded abortion. Leaving a comment below directed to Congress will not get the message to them. We do thank everyone for their insightful comments thus far.

Nancy March 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm

God of wonder, love & power – have mercy on us! You who can turn the heart of the king have pleaded with us to “choose life – not death” – have mercy on us! I here confess we have sinned greatly as a nation in choosing death, choosing “our own way” choosing instant gratification, choosing ungodly & unethical leaders w/o integrity – have mercy O Lord! Forgive us, O Lord! Pour out upon this nation Your Spirit of repentance, Your Spirit of intercession, Your Spirit of supplication, . . . drive us to our knees to acknowledge You as Lord, Creator, Sustainer of life, Lifter of our heads, Redeemer – and forgive us, O Lord, for the shedding of innocent blood that cries out to you as Abel’s did . . . have mercy on us!

Debra Gomez March 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Our nation is truly at a crossroads with its own demise if our government continues supporting and funding abortions from all taxpayers. Abortion does not heal anyone or fix anything. On the contrary, it carries pain, shame, guilt, and regret. The only thing that can account for women advocating abortion for all women is selfishness and hardness of heart. This hardness of heart came upon me when I “choose” to abort my first child. Then I met Jesus Christ and he healed my hard and broken heart. Vulnerable young women should have the right to sonograms to see their unborn children. If someone had given me that opportunity, I would never have murdered my very own child. Please open your eyes to the truth and bring an end to this modern holocaust. Our nation’s survival depends on it!

Myrna S. Kuehl March 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I am against the government supporting abortion funding. Have Mercy on the unborn children.

Capri March 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I can not see to pick up on any of the video’s, even in my browser. I really want to watch this video, but can’t. Does someone have a clue?

Audrey Marshal March 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I know many who had abortions in their past who cried much over it, felt horrible that they had murdered a live in-the-womb baby & never got to see him/her or give the child up for adoption. Many, many women wish they had never made that bad choice. They felt physical & emotional pain & still grieve over it. There are an extremely high # of women who are unable to have children but would love to adopt. Right now they have to wait & wait & wait many, many months before a child is available.

Joanne Alderdice March 5, 2010 at 5:01 pm

As a grandmother of ten, one of whom is adopted, I want to encourage our Representatives and Senators in Congress to CHOOSE LIFE and vote AGAINST abortion when the President’s National Health Care Bill comes up for another vote. My son and daughter-in-law waited a long time for a child to adopt and are thrilled beyond belief. They reflect the love and appreciation of our entire family for the young mother, who bravely brought her child into the world so another couple could give her a loving home. Like them, there are so many other couples in the USA waiting to adopt in order to provide good homes and a family for unwanted children. PLEASE VOTE – NO – on the President’s National Health Care Bill.

Candy, RN, BSN, CHPN March 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm

As a nurse, I know that infants in the uterus respond to stimulus. It is outrageous to kill such a helpless infant who feels, thinks, moves, and hears. Stop Obama’s brutality!

Anita March 5, 2010 at 7:42 pm

We must pray the rosary. We must pray for for our congress and get on the phone. I am so sad about all of the direction this congress is steering the bill. Fight abortion and help fight for the right to life.

Rose Hines March 5, 2010 at 8:32 pm

As an American Citizen I am very concerned about the new Health Care Legislation which would use taxpayers money to fund Abortions and change the regulations in hospitals to force physicians to practice abortions in our hospitals. I have also heard that the administration also wants to control the medical treatment of the elderly and lessen the availability of care for them. Life is the most important issue here. We all have the right to life even an unborn child. Please vote no on the President’s Health Care Bill.

karen March 5, 2010 at 8:45 pm

When I took the time to watch the videos and view the photos of what abortion actually entails I began sobbing as I looked at all the pictures of the murdered, mutilated, dismembered, burned, trashed, discarded little lives. It forced me to my knees and my thoughts to our God were that one day we/I will have to answer for not doing enough for the most helpless of all when we knew this was happening. I then vowed that I will become more of an activist to stop as many people as I can from being ostriches about this terrible atrocity, change opinions and prevent the occurrence of abortion.

franca dornan March 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm

God gives life and we must never take a life as in abortion. Our country will be blessed if we protect life at all levels!Sincerely, Franca Dornan

mike gray March 5, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Abortion is not health care. We all know it but some donot care. Pray for them to see the truth and change their heart’s and mind’s. mike gray

Barbara March 6, 2010 at 12:41 am

I am so thankful that I did not end the life of my precious son who is now in his 30’s and is one of the most wonderful people I know! Abortion was not as accessible…a pill was out there, but it was hard to get and yet there was a big push for it then. I will be forever grateful to God that He enabled me to sense the deep love I had for my child, which was there at the beginning of his life and is still here today. I have tears in my eyes every time I think of what I could have done.

Lygia Rivera March 6, 2010 at 3:52 am

Please vote not to include an abortion mandate on Health Care Reform. Insist upon having the Stupak mandated conditions as a requirement for our new health care.
Human life is the most sacred, precious, and miraculous of all events which can now and forever compose itself as very important to human history! Life is not condensible! Human life feels and communicates itself in many ways that we cannot foresee, feel,
or understand! What will become of our country which now wishes to embrace not a clean spirit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of joy and happiness, but a mean spirit of death, enslavement, depression, and discontent? How can this be that, against our free will, we will have to be forced to pay for the death of millions of human babies? It will take decades of work and money, to make reparation for this damage in our sick society! My daughter and son-in-law could not have children and they adopted a very wonderful baby boy three years ago. This adaption has been one of the greatest joys of their lives! He is the only grandchild that I have! Please vote upon a stipulation of the Stupak conditions for Health Care Reform and exclude all tax payer funding of abortions
in our new health care system! Thank you.

Peggy Worley March 6, 2010 at 9:47 am

What a great letter, Susan Rotondi. A letter everyone should read!! You really explained it all. I think the President and his other members for abortion are afraid that some of the American people will not be for them anymore if they were to take a stand against abortion. What they don’t realize is that the bible says “what good does it do to gain the whole world but to lose your soul?” It will be “their judgement day” when God will look at them and say “No, it was not okay” therefore we have to pray for their souls and pray that they will have a change of heart and realize abortion is “murder” and no other way of explaining it, plain and simple. Some people get it and some don’t. It’s not even rocket science. Thanks again for your letter, it was great and I hope the President and his members will read it and have a change of heart, I pray that they do.

Richard J. Meisch, Sr. March 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm

To fund and support abortion is the same thing that Adolf Hitler did. Abortion is Captial Murder in any way you want to put it. The child in the womb is pure and innocent he or she did not do anything wrong to be sentenced to death by the President of the United States and all other Law Makers and Citizens that vote and support abortion. Christ was Crusified and died on the Cross to Atone for our sins. If abortion is funded and approved each and every women that has an abortion is guilty of Captial Murder, and that includes all Doctors , Nurses, Hospitals and anyone else that supports abortion. May God have Mercy on your souls.

Linda March 6, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I think we need to strongly suggest impeaching Obama. We are not well represented by him and Congress.

Margaret M. Hennessey March 6, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Margaret

President Obama and members of Congress please search your hearts and know that abortion is murder! To include it in the health care bill makes it easy for women to choose abortion for their personal convenience and that abortion would be paid for by all taxpayers. Those who choose to abort a child not only will grieve themselves in the long run but our country will grieve as well. There is the chance that a future president could be aborted by a mother who selfishly thinks of herself and not the future of our nation. God’s law comes first and He has instructed us to “choose life”.

Norma Ford March 6, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I gave birth to 2 healthy babies who have blessed me with 8 grandchildren, but I still grieve for the twin babies that I lost due to the type of birth control I was using. Abortion is killing babies and killing babies is harming both the mothers and babies. God will not continue to bless a nation that kills babies.

Petra March 6, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I have four children that I dearly love and they mean everything to me. I thank God for giving them to me and I would not change anyone of them for notthing. I know some body that got an abortion because she thougth it was the right choice but now she knows it was not . But you can not change or bring back that life. I can see how it has effected her an were are the people that allow that to happen and did not fully explain the consquences of having an abortion. I know why because they only care about the money that they are making not the lifes of inisinght lifes that they are destroying or families. Mercy for all those people that are involved.

KatIggy March 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

The Goverment is suppose to be for all people, right? Okay, not all people want this rediculous so called health plain which is in disguise as one! “ThIS IS NOT A HEALTH PLAN”, THIS IS A LICESENS TO KILL LIFE IT SELF!

Are you kidding me? How dare they force on us their “FIT THE MEANS” poor excuse of a bill for the best interest of all peoples. This is just another slap in our face’s to those who do know the difference of right from wrong. Taking our right at the same time to defend our belief and force us to pay on top of it, unaccptable!

There is a war in our country that is distroying the most innocent of Americans who can not speek for themselves, and those of us that do speek for them are now going to be helpless, and on top it pay for it? NO!

Those who we trusted to put in Goverment for the people, (not themselves ) have lost sight of this with the power and money they make to keep us in place. The so called Goverment leaders lie all the time and find legal means to get away with it, But not for us so called hard working Americans. No. they bully us now and when they make mistakes. They make us pay for it. Why aren’t we all standing together about what their jobs are? Come on, I for one am so tired of eatting only scraps from their tables.
Last time I remembered not keeping campaign promise’s is a brich of contract isn’t it?

To bad one of those unborn baby’s isn’t them on the chopping block. Life is life, murder is murder, plan and simple. You want choice, men keep your pants on, and women keep your legs crossed. Enough is enough, be responsible for your actions, why does a unborn baby have to be the one to be punished for you act of lust? Why do you have to turn into a killer? Where is the Love in all this? Doctors now are also going to be forced to kill when they don’t want to? Health, what does that mean? To help cure, fix, mend, save, protect, not get rid of. I as an American do not want to fund EVER any thing that takes away life. We American’s are saying NO, NO, NO! Are you all listening? Do you care at all? So it gets past and I don’t pay my taxes because of my beliefs, my rights, hummm that means I go to jail? Are you sure we are still in America? Where is the freedom in this for anyone? Everyone wake up already, please.

aunvah March 7, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Stop killing our babies, it is so wrong. When a seed is planted and its a good seed it will grow from that minute on. That is the same when a child is concieved. I was blessed with three children, and eight grandchildren, and now I am expecting two greatgarand babies. God is good pray that our leaders will turn to his word and do what is right in GODS EYES. Stop Obama and congress. Pray that our nation will turn back to God.

astamm March 8, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I agree with you that abortion is sinnful and wrong. However, I believe your good intentions are employing the wrong strategic approach. Abortion will be used as a bargaining chip to get the Health Care Bill passed. If you have it the way you want it, then the entire bill will pass and they will amend it at a later time to include abortion anyway. The way it is gives and out to the blue dog Democratics to not vote for the bill.

Jerry March 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm

This fight isn’t about the status quo and some the moral beliefs of some people. This is a step forward on the same path that Nazi Germany took over 70 years ago. this expansion of governemnt involvement should scare everyone-pro-life or pro-abortion. Once we have declared one group of citizens (the unborn) as expendable for any reason (which currently is the law with a few exceptins), who will be next? The Reverend Martin Niemoller, the head of the “Pastors’ Emergency League”, is credited with the folloing statement (We all would do well to take it to heart): First they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Socialists and I did not speak out because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the trade unionists and i did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Lorenzo March 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm

What happen to “under on God” or “In God We Trust”?

Jerry March 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm

This fight isn’t about the status quo and the moral beliefs of some people. This is a step forward on the same path that Nazi Germany took over 70 years ago. The expansion of governemnt involvement should scare everyone-pro-life or pro-abortion. Once we have declared one group of citizens (the unborn) as expendable for any reason (which currently is the law with a few exceptins), who will be next? The Reverend Martin Niemoller, the head of the “Pastors’ Emergency League” in Germany at the time, is credited with the following statement (We all would do well to take it to heart): First they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Socialists and I did not speak out because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the trade unionists and i did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Tina M. Neal March 8, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I have not read all of the above comments so perhaps this is reiteteration of previous posts. What I do not understand is why people (govt and others) cannot understand that tax dollars will ultimately pay for abortion. WE may not pay for the actual action of abortion but ultimately we will pay. The statistics are there to prove that women who have abortions later in life regret such an action. The regrets they encounter may mask themselves in many addictive and self destructive measures. So we will be paying for therapy, rehabilitation, or God forbid caring for children whose mothers have taken their own lives because of the guilt. Like I said the action itself is monstrous enough, but the aftermath is so much more significant than anyone can possibly imagine. I havent heard much talked about this in the way of supporting or negating a Healthcare bill. Would love to hear some answers.

Tina M. Neal March 8, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Another note: think about the woman who aborts her child and her guilt drives her into a life of alcoholism or drug addiction. She no longer cares for herself. So she gets in her car innebriated and drives to the local liquor store, but on her way collides with a mother of three in a mini-van; killing them all. Those are the types of aftermath consequences I am referring to. And I could go on and on!!!!!

jacqueline kaminski March 9, 2010 at 9:35 pm

FREEDOM OF CHOICE???? WHO WILL CHOOSE FOR THE BABY??? WHO WILL STAND UP FOR THE CHILD IN THE WOMB THAT WILL BE TORTURED.

Dorothy Renkowski March 13, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I am against abortion! How can you support the horrendous killing of innocent babies. Yes, they are babies in the mother’s womb! May our good Lord forgive you!

Annette McCain March 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Abortion is already being funded by the government. How many claim medical expense on your taxes. Did you know that you can get a tax credit for an abortion? Check it out on irs.gov under medical expenses. It is the first item on the list.

My mother had a stroke last year and I went online to see what medical expenses my parents can claim on their taxes and there it was. In black and white. At first I thought it said adoption expenses but the more I looked at it I realized it said abortion.

VIRGINIA March 18, 2010 at 10:02 am

I BELIEVE THAT ABORTION IS MURDER. I KNOW THAT GOD WILL PUNISH THOSE WHO MURDER LITTLE BABIES. I DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE MURDER OF LITTLE BABIES

Victoria Lowe March 23, 2010 at 6:01 am

God created everyone and everything. He knitted you in her womb; it’s written in the Bible; it’s not a bunch of cells, it’s a baby growing. Good for Tebow – you stand your ground. People always put down anything Christians stand for, which is what God said they will do persecute Him.